The Company has built its 2017 Honda CRF230F specifically for serious off-road enthusiasts. And this can be figured out right away as this motorcycle possesses professional features and styling. The new model packs some serious mods to be a stand-out icon in a segment (motocross) which has now become highly competitive.
2017 Honda CRF230F – Features
The Honda looks to keep the motocross fever alive as its new 2017 generation CRF230 model wears an edgy, MX-style graphics. Not just these, but the overall bodywork has been made rigid with high-strength materials.
The new generation change includes a motocross-style seat. This seat has a low-slung build which gives the riders maximum movement and comfort. The Honda has presented a vibrant look with a striking color combination of sporty red and white. The front suspension fork and muffler are now blackened with a matte finishing.
Some of the key features include:
- Electric Starter – The 2017 Honda CRF230F takes motocross spirit to modernism as it incorporates a convenient electric starter. It delivers a fair performance regardless of any weather conditions.
- Keyed Ignition – Adding more convenience and security is the keyed ignition switch.
- Rims – The new Honda CRF230F rides on lightweight and strong rims which feature straight-pull spokes.
- Chain Adjusters – 2017 CRF230F offers maintenance on-the-go as there’s a Snail-type chain adjuster on the rear wheel hub.
- Sealed Battery – This new model includes a maintenance-free battery along with a perfect sealing.
- Clutch – With the assistance of a heavy duty clutch, the engine performance is enhanced, especially while off-roading.
- Front Fender – The front fender of this bike is sporty and catches a true motocross spirit.
This 2017 Honda CRF230F is built on a rigid steel frame which is designed for an adventurous ride. The new rugged skid plate is designed to protect the lower engine cases. Foot pegs are now reworked to be wider which adds convenience.
As for the suspension, a 37 mm leading-axle Showa® fork is used which offers a wide 9.5 inches or travel. Likewise, Honda has used a Pro-Link® Showa single shock which has a spring preload adjustability. This rear suspension unit also makes up for an impressive 9.0 inches of travel.
Specifications for brakes go –
- Front Brake – Single 240 mm disc
- Rear Brake – Drum type.
2017 Honda CRF230F – Engine details
The 2017 Honda CRF230F receives power from a brawny 223cc single cylinder four stroke engine. This engine has a SOHC (Single OverHead Cam) valve train configuration and therefore there is one working camshaft.
Further specification of this engine includes:
- Compression Ratio – 9:1
- Induction – 26 mm piston-valve carburetor
- Bore and Stroke – 65.5 mm ×2 mm
- Ignition – CDI (capacitor discharge ignition)
- Final Drive – #520 O-ring-sealed chain; 13T/50T
- Transmission – 6 speed
- Emissions – EPA and CARB
- Fuel Economy – 66.4 MPG (unofficial)
- Fuel Tank Capacity – 1.9 gallons
2017 Honda CRF230F – Competitors, Warranty, and Price
The 2017 Honda CRF230F is set to compete with the likes of Kawasaki KLX140-140L and Yamaha TT-R230. Like every model, the new Honda CRF230F is offered with a 1-year factory warranty. As to the pricing, this model starts at around $4,199 (along with a $150 destination charge included).